The adventure itself begins in the historic centre of Lauterecken. Along the River Lauter, the trail leads to Lohnweiler with pleasant ups and downs through tree groves and fragrant meadows where nature can be experienced intensely. At the narrowest point of the Lautertal are the ruins of Alt-Wolfstein which have been waiting for nearly 1,000 years for a successful attacker, its younger sister Neu-Wolfstein likewise, albeit only 100 years. Onto the Königsland with the 568 m high Konigsberg, the Leienberg, the Hahnenkopf and the 546 m high Selberg. On its summit is the Selberghütte and a 17 m high steel viewing tower . For those who dare to climb, the world is then at your feet. Past the youth hostel, we reach the trail leading into the town of Wolfstein with its half-timbered houses and then further to the railway station. For those of you who would like to go further you can switch to the intersecting Veldenz trail in Aschbach or at the Selberg to the Remigius Wanderweg.
UFFBASSE! - Campaign for being considerate of others in nature
- Always act in a proactive, friendly and considerate way towards everyone you encounter along the way.
- Respect nature, do not destroy plants and always stay on the paths. Try to avoid excessive noise and leave the forest before dusk.
- Remember to take a rubbish bag with you when you go out and take your rubbish back home.
- Please keep your dog on a leash at all times. Other visitors and animals thank you.
- For your own safety, observe all road closures, including at weekends.
- Park only in designated parking areas. Leave space for emergency vehicles and agricultural machinery.
- Please give priority to agricultural and forestry traffic.