The Donnersberg region shows itself as particularly charming and impressive. From the 300 year old village of Bastenhaus, it continues along a flat trail fringed by lush green vegetation towards Ruppertsecken. Set at a height of 498 m above sea level, the village is the icing on the cake of the Palatinate. Panoramic views of both near and far are bound to fascinate you. Meadows, fields and forests then characterize the descent into the old village of Würzweiler, where time seems to have stopped. We now go down the old Roman road through the valley of Enzelbachtal before finally reaching the town of Rockenhausen. We go past the old baroque Church for a stroll through the picturesque old town with its cobbled streets, half-timbered houses and town museum. Well-worth seeing is the market square with its fountain, the Protestant church and the castle park. We then finish the tour in one of the inviting taverns.
UFFBASSE! - Campaign for being considerate of others in nature
- Always act in a proactive, friendly and considerate way towards everyone you encounter along the way.
- Respect nature, do not destroy plants and always stay on the paths. Try to avoid excessive noise and leave the forest before dusk.
- Remember to take a rubbish bag with you when you go out and take your rubbish back home.
- Please keep your dog on a leash at all times. Other visitors and animals thank you.
- For your own safety, observe all road closures, including at weekends.
- Park only in designated parking areas. Leave space for emergency vehicles and agricultural machinery.
- Please give priority to agricultural and forestry traffic.