Uphill it's all along sweeping forest paths, past the lookout points of Moltkefels and Hirtenfels to the more than 2000 years old Celtic circular hillfort. A little later you will see the 27 metre high Ludwigsturm with views down into the Rhine valley and even the skyline of Frankfurt, when the weather allows. Snacks and refreshments are available at the Waldhaus or Keltenhütte. We continue to the highest point of the Palatinate: the Königsstuhl with great views over the Donnersberg region before continuing through the dense forest and descending into the picturesque village of Falkenstein. Built on a volcanic vent built and perched high above the houses are the ruins of Falkenstein, which is the scene of many artistic events today. In Falkenstein there are several opportunities to rest and refresh oneself. With rustling leaves under your shoes, the way now leads along the foot of the Donnersberg
UFFBASSE! - Campaign for being considerate of others in nature
- Always act in a proactive, friendly and considerate way towards everyone you encounter along the way.
- Respect nature, do not destroy plants and always stay on the paths. Try to avoid excessive noise and leave the forest before dusk.
- Remember to take a rubbish bag with you when you go out and take your rubbish back home.
- Please keep your dog on a leash at all times. Other visitors and animals thank you.
- For your own safety, observe all road closures, including at weekends.
- Park only in designated parking areas. Leave space for emergency vehicles and agricultural machinery.
- Please give priority to agricultural and forestry traffic.