Lahnbrücke aus Marmor

Villmar · Lahntal

The bridge, which connects the village of Villmar with the Villmar railway station on the right side of the Lahn and the Unica quarry behind it, a natural monument, was built in 1894/95. Three bridge arches, each 21.5 metres long, rest on two piers which stand in the riverbed of the Lahn. A ferry already existed at this place before. Marble blocks from nearby quarries were used as building material. The side cladding is also made of local Lahn marble of various types.

Lahnbrücke aus Marmor


Lahnbrücke
Lahnbrücke
65606 Villmar